Monday 1 August 2011

LUSH Coconut Deodorising Powder

Hello again:) A few weeks ago I went to Lush to have a look at all the lovely stuff they have. Since I'm a sucker for anything coconutty, I got myself one of these:


It is a deodorising powder made of: cornstarch, tapioca flour, magnesium carbonate, perfume, coconut milk powder, extra virgin coconut oil, coconut cream grated, dessicated coconut, bensoin resinoid and vetivert oil.
It is meant to absorb extra moisture and deodorise. What I found is that it is pretty useless:( It does absorb moisture and makes me feel fresh, but only for like an hour... defo not to replace a standard anti-perspirant.  It smells quite nice, but not enough coconutty for my liking.. The cornstarch and tapioca smell (I think that's what I can smell..) is too overpowering and masks coconut smell too much:(
One good use I found for the powder though was when I run out of my dry shampoo! I used Lush Powder on my hair, massaged it in and brushed away after a few moments. It worked quite well! My hair defo smelled nicer than after normal dry shampoo. It's good for emergencies like that. The powder costs £3.99 as far as I remember, and it will last quite some time since I do not have much use for it.. Worth trying? Not really IMO xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment